Mid Michigan Cooling Centers Open for Area Residents
- Created: Wednesday, 20 July 2011 00:05
By Wesley Goheen, Operations Manager Newsradio 1250 AM
SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) - Here is a list of local cooling centers in our area for those trying to beat the heat:
- Eleanor Frank Senior Center 2355 Schust Road, Saginaw 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Marie Davis Senior Center 233 N. 2nd Street, Saginaw 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Riverside Friendship Center 800 J.F. Kennedy Drive, Bay City Monday-Friday 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Hampton Happy Hearts 801 W. Center Road, Essexville Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.- 6 a.m./ Friday 2 p.m.- 6 p.m.
- Kawkawlin Senior Dining Center 1800 East Parish Road, Kawkawlin Wednesday-Thursday 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Rainbow Center at the Canteen 800 Livingston Avenue, Bay City Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
- Williams Senior Dining Center 1080 West Midland Road, Auburn Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Hayes Meal Site 3821 Grant Avenue, Harrison Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Lake George Township Hall 175 Lake George, Lake George Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Clare Senior Center 502 Beech Street, Clare Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Lake Meal Site DAV Building 9840 School Road, Lake Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Brennan Community Center
- Burton Senior Center
- Carmen-Ainsworth Senior Center
- Clio Senior Center
- Davison-Richfield Senior Center
- Eastside Senior Center
- Flushing Senior Center
- Forest Township Area Senior Center
- Grand Blanc Senior Center, Hasselbring Community Center
- Krapohl Senior Center, Loose Senior Center, Montrose Senior Center
- Pierce Senior Center
- Swartz Creek Senior Center
- Schnepp Health Care Center 427 East Washington Street, St Louis
- Gratiot Community Senior Center 1329 Michigan Avenue, St Louis
- Senior Activity Building 1011 East North Street, Ithaca
- Perrinton Community Center 305 West Elba, Perrinton
- Lapeer Senior Center
- Lamb-Steele Memorial Center
- Durand Senior Center
- Morrice Senior Center
- Owosso Senior Center
- Area churches may be used as cooling centers as well
- Caro Area District Library 840 West Frank Street through 7/22 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Check on friends and family. Use the rising temperatures as an opportunity to catch up with your neighbors and relatives, especially the elderly and those who do not have air conditioning. Plan outings together in places that have air conditioning. Take advantage of these cooling centers and help those in need. For more information about senior summer safety, read our 8 Summer Sun Safety Tips for Seniors blog.